Mark Hughes zu den Blackburn Rovers

gary

Bekanntes Mitglied
Die Blackburn Rovers haben den Wunschkandidaten Mark Hughes verpflichtet und mit einem 2-Jahresvertrag ausgestattet.

In den WM-Quali Spielen gegen England und Polen wird er noch Wales als Teilzeit-Coach betreuen.
Favorit auf die Nachfolge von Hughes bei Wales soll Bobby Robson sein.

von skysports:

Mark Hughes has admitted he could not pass up the opportunity to take charge of Blackburn Rovers.

Hughes, who has been given a two-year contract with an option in place for an extra season, was speaking on Thursday morning at a press conference after being unveiled as the successor to Graeme Souness at Ewood Park.

"It all happened very quickly and I am delighted to be here," said Hughes. "It is a club I know and I know the people here.

"It is an opportunity and one I could not afford to pass by.

"It was important that, at this stage of my career, I made a move and this was the right club at the right time for me.

"Once Blackburn were given permission (to speak to me), it was all tied up very swiftly."

Hughes had been quoted on Monday as saying he would stay with Wales, but the former Manchester United striker feels the media had regurgitated some past comments.

"There was a little bit in the press on Monday from quotes I had made at a different time so those were misinterpreted and regurgitated on the Monday, which caused a bit of problem for me, but since that point everyone was clear I was interested in the post," he added.

Rovers have confirmed Hughes will stay in charge of the Wales national side for the upcoming two World Cup qualifiers, against England and Poland, after which he will sever his ties with The Welsh FA.

Hughes feels that combining the two roles for such a short space of time will not be a problem for any of the parties involved.

"I don't see it as a problem," he said. "The Welsh games are prepared for and everything is in place for those two games.

"My focus will be with Blackburn, but come international week that focus will change and the Welsh games will command attention."

Hughes believes everything is in place for Rovers to become a force in The Premiership once again.

"I know what the club has got to offer, it is a wonderful environment to work in and I am sure I will use everything Blackburn Rovers has to offer to make the club successful," he declared.

siehe auch die Rovers-Site:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~565092,00.html

gary

Bekanntes Mitglied
Im ersten Spiel unter Mark Hughes gab es endlich den ersten Saisonsieg :spitze:

Der eingewechselte Matt Janssen machte in der 77. Minute vor 20.647 Zuschauern das goldene Tor gegen Portsmouth.
Jetzt in Charlton nachlegen, dann würde es schon wieder recht ordentlich aussehen :floet:

Oben